Friday 12 May 2017

Spring Apron "Geranium"

Spring is a beautiful season! It is always so long anticipated. Just at the end of the waiting, just before the buds on the trees explode into beautiful leaves, I am so anxious to start planting and taking care of my garden, that sometimes, I couldn't breath. 

Today is one of these beautiful days that come after cold weather and heavy rain, and it feels a lot like a day, devoted to garden activities. My annual plants are still babies, but I have this little Geranium guy that needs to be nursed and comforted :) It is too early for him to go in a big outdoor pot, but he is big enough to participate in a fashion show. 


This apron was mostly inspired by the beautiful HAORI fabric. As soon as I started working with that fabric, I was dreaming apron - all variations. This is the first of many, I am sure. And the silent colours of these solids were screaming for an accent, that I chose to be this cross-stitched design by Véronique Enginger. 


I have written so many times about the texture of the fabric, but I am never sure that it is quite enough said. In this apron, I used two solid colours, that are perfectly smooth and in unison with the natural ceramic pots that I mostly use for my plants. No glaze, no colour, just pure well cooked ceramic. So much like the fabrics I like. For the belt though, I think I went 'crazy' :))) This is one of my favourite weave patterns from HAORI. There are these little embroidered-looking threads spinning around, completely changing the look of the fabric. So lovely!

I stitched the beautiful Geranium pots on a 32 count linen. It is such a pleasure to work with tiny count, because the result is pleasing. The design looks more like a picture, but it is so much better because of the texture. Véronique Enginger's designs are always so romantic and vintage looking!  


My garden is my safe place. I find piece in here. I feel close to Nature. I love working in here so much, so I get to enjoy spending time in relaxation. 


Yes, the garden is still young... But I know it will be beautiful in a day or two, I will get to see it grow and bloom, and am ready for such happiness and excitement! My heart grows bigger with every flower growing, I love stronger with every bird, visiting my garden and life always surprises me with its beauty. 


Feeling protected under the shade of the Serviceberry bush. 


My true spring has started! 

Hope you all have wonderful time in your garden or anywhere you feel connected and in love!

Thanks for being my guests sharing this fragrant tea and sugar cookies! In case you need the recipe for the cookies, you could find it in my sweet kitchen Tablier taché. In case you would like to wear the apron, you could find it soon in my little happy shop.

Stay happy,
 Ivelina

No comments:

Post a Comment